About Me

My photo
I come from a small town, enjoy laughing and being the weird one to help others smile. We should hang out sometime.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Longing

I long for another year of high school! Before I was pretty well excited that I didn't have to be up and going to school. Now it is plain to me that high school was something I didn't fully exploit. As to an earlier post, I can be considered.... popular. [This still is a weird thought for me.] Throughout high school I didn't fully appreciate the friends I had around me. I didn't appreciate that I had everything I really needed built into my school day. Now that all my friends, myself included, are leaving to go out into the world, I see myself more alone by the day. It's been a long time since I've felt this chill settling itself into me.
"Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better." -- Henry Rollins

Last night I went and played with the band. This is basically what started my gyros to spinning and the gears churning. I walked around the band shed and immediately I heard cries of "BOURNE BOURNE!! It's BOURNE!!". Honestly it really made my week to hear people directing happiness my way. I wandered aimlessly from bubble of friends to bubble of friends. Just spending time relishing in the presence of others. I even had the joy of playing in the band block once again.
           I loved it. I loved the experience all the more because I had been feeling alone. What's more, I had a truly wonderful run home. Sure the humidity made me uncomfortable and I was running in sandals, but I needed those six miles. Those miles put some much needed perspective in my life. What has become of it? I plan on LIVING my life. I will enjoy all the little things even though the "big" things might not go my way. Thank you my very dear friends who bring a smile to me insides. 'Tis thee best ointment anybody'll e'er need.
You don't have to listen to this, it's just a rendition I enjoy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment